Womans Divorce Forum

Discuss your troubles, compare ex's, offer suggestions, and share stories!

Womans Divorce Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: How could this be possible?

You're young and you have your whole life ahead of you. It sounds as though he's giving you a gift by filing for divorce. As harsh as that sounds, believe me, I've been there. My husband threatened me with divorce 5 years ago. At the time I was distraught. I begged him to stay...to work it out and go to counseling. I finally told him that I would not beg anymore. Two days later, he came after me with his "tail tucked between his legs". I took him back, but did not insist on counseling (as part of the deal...shame on me) Anyway...4 years later, the same crap continued, coupled with me fighting cancer (while he was golfing). I finally had enough and filed for divorce myself. He then said it was time to go to counseling. I stopped the divorce and agreed to counseling. Flash forward...one year now..still in counseling...still in separate bedrooms...and still the same feeling in the pit of my stomach. I still want the divorce...I don't trust him, nor do I ever think I will. Bottom line, I regret begging him to not divorce me. It would've been a blessing in disguise and saved me 5 years worth of pain.

I might add that two things have helped me cope this past year...anti depressants and finding a good church home. Remember you're stronger than you give yourself credit for.

Hang in there...take care of yourself, and focus on your child. Find happiness where you can.

I have to agree. Find happiness in the little things each day. Your childs hug first thing in the morning. The warmth of the sunshine on your face. Practice noticing these little things and taking pleasure in them at the moment. Also, check with local churches and see if there are any divorce recovery groups. They are not just for people already divorced. I had a friend tell me about one and it made such a huge difference for me. I learned so much and got the encouragement I needed and made new and supportive friends. Its never about your age. Trust me.

I feel your pain! I wish I could tell you to move on because that seems like the best thing when reading your post. Well moving on is easier said then done.

I wish you the best in the days to come. Try to put your child and yourself first in the things you do and decided.

Take care

My husband and I have been together for 11 years and married for 6 years. we just decided to separate to work out our differences and work on ourselves for a while. The marriage has been down the tubes for the last 3 years while he has been in college. I missed the signs of my husband cheating on me with a girl in his class and he stopped wearing his ring about a month he said it was due to his finger swelling up. Now here i am feeling soooo bad and asking myself why? I know I wasnt the best wife but I always took care of him. I cant give you any advice but I can say I am right there with you in your pain. Dont ever feel like your alone in this.