Womans Divorce Forum

Discuss your troubles, compare ex's, offer suggestions, and share stories!

Womans Divorce Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Death of a dream....

Just remember ladies...these men are not the new and improved men on the market....They are the same old men that loved us just the same way many years ago...They have not changed. Sure, things are new and different, but in time... things will wain back to a routine lifestyle. He will age, she will age, there is no fairytale ending for anyone...especially cheaters....oh, they will get what they want by cheating, but they will not always want what they get. They will even talk themselves into believing what they did was worth it all...but do you really think building a relationship on lies, secrets and
treating your own wife cruelly etc....is every girls dream man. It's not the type of relationship I would want. It is natural to get jealous at times, but soon you will be over them and to busy with your own life to even care if he is still with her or not. I know what my ex is like. I knew him for over 20 years and I know even more about him now through this divorce and it wasn't pretty by no means and this girl will be okay with him as long as he is getting what he wants form her and I'm sure he will be okay with her as long as she is getting what she wants...But either way, for me, I want nothing these people have...like I always say, you can cover garbage with all the glitter you want and it still stinks underneath where it counts....Let them go and live again....you all deserve it.

Susan

Amen! Reading all the posts on this topic remind me of what I know is true. So many things resonated with me. I know that spending the time getting to know and love myself is far more valuable and peaceful than the drama and highs and lows of jumping right back in to find the next one. If I have love again, it will not be based on an illusion.

Good luck to everyone -- I hope we all have more and more good days than bad

My husband of 7 yrs and I have just signed the divorce docs. He left me 2 mos after we had our 1st child. For 2 mos he was gone and then he came back home and said that he wanted to try to save our marriage. Because I hadn't yet stopped loving him and bc we now have a child, I wanted to give him a chance. Also, I chose to believe that he only left bc he was suffering from depression (he had a history of it) I took in back and everyday was a struggle bc he would flip flop from wanting to be there and wanting to leave. I sat with him for hrs each nite and listened to him talk about his feelings and everyday he told me he felt better and that we would make it. Then 1 month after he had been home, the only nite that I had left the house for a few drinks w some friends, I came home and he told me he was leaving me again! I have sinced learned that he had been having an affair with his 23 yr employee and he was already living it her!!!! It drives me crazy that I gave so much and worked so hard to make him successful, and that little girl will reap all the rewards. The worst is that the girl he is with now, has also known me for yrs! She came to my baby shower and has even come to my home to visit my baby!