Womans Divorce Forum

Discuss your troubles, compare ex's, offer suggestions, and share stories!

Womans Divorce Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Death of a dream....

Amen! Reading all the posts on this topic remind me of what I know is true. So many things resonated with me. I know that spending the time getting to know and love myself is far more valuable and peaceful than the drama and highs and lows of jumping right back in to find the next one. If I have love again, it will not be based on an illusion.

Good luck to everyone -- I hope we all have more and more good days than bad

Re: Death of a dream....

My husband of 7 yrs and I have just signed the divorce docs. He left me 2 mos after we had our 1st child. For 2 mos he was gone and then he came back home and said that he wanted to try to save our marriage. Because I hadn't yet stopped loving him and bc we now have a child, I wanted to give him a chance. Also, I chose to believe that he only left bc he was suffering from depression (he had a history of it) I took in back and everyday was a struggle bc he would flip flop from wanting to be there and wanting to leave. I sat with him for hrs each nite and listened to him talk about his feelings and everyday he told me he felt better and that we would make it. Then 1 month after he had been home, the only nite that I had left the house for a few drinks w some friends, I came home and he told me he was leaving me again! I have sinced learned that he had been having an affair with his 23 yr employee and he was already living it her!!!! It drives me crazy that I gave so much and worked so hard to make him successful, and that little girl will reap all the rewards. The worst is that the girl he is with now, has also known me for yrs! She came to my baby shower and has even come to my home to visit my baby!