Womans Divorce Forum

Discuss your troubles, compare ex's, offer suggestions, and share stories!

Womans Divorce Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Never changes

Sounds like history repeating itself. If you can, get out of there or make him leave. Require that he seek extensive counseling or he is not to come back. This problem will not go away on its own. I might add...pray, pray, pray. It helps!

In our area, we have a place called Turning Point. It's for people who are in an abusive relationship. If you have such a place, they can talk to you about your situation and give help where needed. It sounds like he is an abuser and his violence is escalating.

All I can say it I left my husband when he acted in such a way. I still deal with the issues even after leaving but it is better then dealing with HIM. You are better off telling him that he needs to seek help for his anger issues. It is NOT okay for a GROWN ADULT (and I'm putting adult in place of another A word I would like to use) MAN to act like a 10 year old and shoot your TV with a BB gun or lock a woman out of her own house. If he will not seek the help he needs change your locks or move. It is not a healthy environment of you or your child to witness this. The reason I left my situation is because I did not want my child to think it was normal to be that way with their family and spouse. I know it will hurt, I know you want to look beyond it and like you said defend his actions but there is NO EXCUSE for his behavior.

That sounds like a frightening situation. I think the idea of seeing if your community has a program for abused women is a good idea. In our community it is called Children's Inn. I also think Jean has a great idea...pray, pray, pray. Keep us posted.

Change the locks, get a PFA and seeks full custody of your daughter.
It is hard when your child cried for Daddy. :( but like it was said before. YOu don't want her thinking it is okay for a man to act that way. If you stay and it continues then she will think that a woman is just supposed to deal with whatever a man wants..it's unsafe.
Think of you and your child when you make this decision.

RUN...I put up with that(verbal abuse) for too many yrs. to me and kids.They never change, they dont get better I kept hoping and praying for that, looking for help. It never happened. Then he filed for divorce, and told everyone we knew incredible lies about me and our children. All because of his personal insecurities. Now he is losing everything he worked for, but most of all the love of his children.
I stayed in the house, told him not to come home.
Good luck, you deserve better so does your little girl.

Trish what you are going through is something that many of us had. You are not alone and this is not your fault. You fell in love with a man and had a child with him because you at one point felt that was the right steps to take. Well now you know that his actions are speaking louder than his words and you have to take the right steps to leave, go and get out of the house. If you have no place to go then change the locks they are cheap at Home Depot call the police and let them know that you are in fear for yourself and your chid and they will put you on the right path. I wonder Trish if a friend of yours came to you with this problem what would you tell her to do ? Would you tell her to leave or would you tell her that she must of done something to set him off. I think that you would tell her to leave and that Is what I can see what most of us are telling you. He needs help that you can not give him, Now most men refuse to do it, well then he can be alone and should be alone until he decideds to get help. I also agree with the other response that you have to think about your daughter, my gosh he locked you out of the house.. he used a weapon at the t.v yeah it is a B B gun but it is still a weapon . Your daughter should not have to see and hear the abuse because you refuse to take the first step.. Please think of her and yourself. Who care's about him. Ok I know you do but I know in your heart you know your should leave . God bless