Womans Divorce Forum

Discuss your troubles, compare ex's, offer suggestions, and share stories!

Womans Divorce Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Deer In Headlights

No income? If your husband works, then you do have income. The problem might come if he controls the purse strings. Start stashing money and save for a retainer fee. After you file, your husband will be required to pay temporary child support and maintainance until the divorce is settled. Get yourself a credit card in your own name, a safe deposit box, and a post office box. Educate yourself, plan, and execute. Rely on family, frineds and clergy when you can...both emotionally and financially. Additionally, when finding an attorney, get referrals from friends...Don't just use the phone book.

Hang in there and take one day at a time. Pray, Pray, Pray.

DO exactly what Jean says. Get a credit, hide money. Bid your time. Took me 9 years to leave my ex. I had a credit card, more money than he knew about. Amazing how much the electric/water/insurance bills were back then
My ex was enjoying his women and I was enjoying his pay checks. Stupid man never took care of his own bills.

You can do the divorce yourself if you have to.
I agree with previous posts, PLAN.
Also, people do their own divorces all the time.
It's smarter to get legal aid BUT the forms & instructions are typically found online @ your local court websites.
Oh, be sure to clear your computer history..
not sure who posted the thumbs down..
the stb ex ?
I'm not a man hater or men basher, but I was married to an extremely abusive man, so I understand the reality that comes with it (or lack thereof!).