Womans Divorce Forum

Discuss your troubles, compare ex's, offer suggestions, and share stories!

Womans Divorce Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Confussed...suggestions welcome

Is he being verbally abusive or is it that he is needing more reassurance that you really want to be married to him. I agree with the poster asking these questions.
I'm not assuming, just asking.
If he is mean to you not wanting to be married, which would be obvious to you, that's one thing, but if he is needing more reassurance that you want to be married to him, that's another.
Can you clarify?

I need to reply to all of the comments. I didn't see it as his being insecure. I have viewed the divorce "threats" as meaning he wants me to leave. Usually he doesn't directly verbaly abuse me, it's more subtle. Lots of digs toward me, my actions, my family. I find myself doing it back at him. He had his surgary over 1 year ago, so it's not medication from that, however, he does take pain medication when his back hurts (which has been a lot lately). I know that affects moods also. I still love him and I wish he were happier in his life with me. Thank you for the comments.

I would highly suggest hiding as much money as you can now. Get a separate bank account and take $30 out each time you go grocery shopping. Usually with big purchases made at Costco it is very easy to hide money. You have to do what you have to do to take care of you and your kids. I will be left with nothing soon enough so I am doing what I can until then.

JRN: At the very least, anyone who has inherited big money should not be collecting disability payments. Call a Lawyer. I know how you feel, my ex threatened divorce four times - calling me names out of nowhere, then threatening to leave.