Womans Divorce Forum

Discuss your troubles, compare ex's, offer suggestions, and share stories!

Womans Divorce Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Say WHAT?

Yes, I agree with all the other ladies as well. My ex is not married to the other woman (as far as I know???)with him anything is possible, but he has been living with her since the minute he walked out and she refers to herself as the kids step mother...so in there eyes they are joined in every way except for the license and God's blessing...

But as time has gone by and my love for him has died, It means absolutely nothing to me...she cheated on her husband and he cheated on me and like the other women stated...does anyone really want to start off a relationship with this as a foundation. I have learned to set any anger aside and let God be the judge of their actions now. Oh, things may pop up here or there that may make me upset or bring up a memory, but it is so much easier to set this aside now and move on. You will find this in time as well.

I could say the same as all the other women on here. What they all expressed is so true. My ex took this other women every place we have been and did every activity with her and the boys that we have done and even more, but it is just their way of justifying their new life with the life they once had with us.

I know it is hard to let go when things are so raw with us as it all begins...but in time when we are out of all the turmoil, the emotions, the memories, the feelings of loss and anger we begin to see these men and their girlfriends without our blinders on. We get a very different perspective of it all and wonder how we could have loved these men so much at one time. I see a hollow empty, selfish man who as it states in the Bible...May gain the whole world, yet loss his soul....what good is this.

Like the others have expressed...You will learn to love who YOU are again and know that you have given all you can on your part and that you have come out of this learning so much about yourself and how you have become, strong, independent, compassionate, truthful, patient, wise, open to new things, and aware of what you really want in life and what is truly important to you. Your ex has only learned how to cheat and scheme to get what he wants and how to jump from one relationship to another for instant security. Let this other woman have him...they will both end up with what they truly deserve..."each other"...You are in my thoughts and prayers. Hang in there and know that we all understand how you feel and "This too shall pass."

Susan

Jerk. Yep, I agree. But I'm guessing he's probably never treated you as you deserve to be treated. Easy for me to say, but good riddance. Hang in there. Hold your chin high. As for your son-poor guy. I don't know why they insist on putting the kids in the middle. Hugs.

Thank you, ladies. I am just angry at him: angry because he is using my son to get a rise out of me, angry because he was planning to keep his family from finding out about us getting a divorce in the first place (oh, but I ruined that for him by getting to them first with The Truth of The Matter! ), and angry because, not only did he go behind my back to be with this woman in the first place, but also because their entire relationship is based on lies and deceit. As it was said, 'A house built on a foundation of sand cannot long endure'.

The part in all of this that makes me laugh? He has already been told by his Mother that she will not attend this wedding. She said, and I quote: "I won't give my blessing to something that should never have happened!" So she won't endorse it with her presence...but that won't keep her from supporting the two of them whilst he is out of work...

He is already seeing the consequences of what he has done.
Keep in mind that your child is his child also. And, that he doesn't fully understand what is happening. He loves both his parents.
My ex doesn't have anyone that I know of so, it has been easier for me. But, after almost five years it will hurt if he does. And, especially if I see that he is attentive to her.
I think you x is asking your son to do this to justify what he has done.
Please take this to prayer ask God to give you strength.
Lately I have decided that sometimes keeping quiet is the best thing to do.
Like the other poster said..your x has gone on with his life now you must too.

After all this foofaraw with the "vows", my son has had enough. He is 17 and not a baby, and he can see his father for what he is: weak, insecure, needy, and incapable of being alone. Loves him dearly, but has lost 99% of the respect he had for his father. It makes me so sad...