Womans Divorce Forum

Discuss your troubles, compare ex's, offer suggestions, and share stories!

Womans Divorce Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Say WHAT?

Jerk. Yep, I agree. But I'm guessing he's probably never treated you as you deserve to be treated. Easy for me to say, but good riddance. Hang in there. Hold your chin high. As for your son-poor guy. I don't know why they insist on putting the kids in the middle. Hugs.

Thank you, ladies. I am just angry at him: angry because he is using my son to get a rise out of me, angry because he was planning to keep his family from finding out about us getting a divorce in the first place (oh, but I ruined that for him by getting to them first with The Truth of The Matter! ), and angry because, not only did he go behind my back to be with this woman in the first place, but also because their entire relationship is based on lies and deceit. As it was said, 'A house built on a foundation of sand cannot long endure'.

The part in all of this that makes me laugh? He has already been told by his Mother that she will not attend this wedding. She said, and I quote: "I won't give my blessing to something that should never have happened!" So she won't endorse it with her presence...but that won't keep her from supporting the two of them whilst he is out of work...

He is already seeing the consequences of what he has done.
Keep in mind that your child is his child also. And, that he doesn't fully understand what is happening. He loves both his parents.
My ex doesn't have anyone that I know of so, it has been easier for me. But, after almost five years it will hurt if he does. And, especially if I see that he is attentive to her.
I think you x is asking your son to do this to justify what he has done.
Please take this to prayer ask God to give you strength.
Lately I have decided that sometimes keeping quiet is the best thing to do.
Like the other poster said..your x has gone on with his life now you must too.

After all this foofaraw with the "vows", my son has had enough. He is 17 and not a baby, and he can see his father for what he is: weak, insecure, needy, and incapable of being alone. Loves him dearly, but has lost 99% of the respect he had for his father. It makes me so sad...