Womans Divorce Forum

Discuss your troubles, compare ex's, offer suggestions, and share stories!

Womans Divorce Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: I feel as if I am stuck and un happy and in a trap.

I know you feel "stuck" but you aren't; when you are living in limbo, that is the worst place to be. There are many resources; call a women's shelter, get an appointment with an attorney (1st visit is usually free) to see where you stand. There are LAWS, he cannot NOT support the children. I stayed for 31 years and I know how scary it all is. Abusers RARELY change; they are excruciatingly INsecure and will do anything to hang on to you. They usually dislike or HATE themselves and take it out on YOU. It has nothing to do with you and everything to do with HIS issues. Do what you need to for yourself and your children; children aren't blind and deaf; even tho you think you are hiding it, they sense what is going on; get into counseling with you and the children. There is a lot of help out there, and I hope you will get it. As I said, I stayed for 31 years ; verbal abuse and some physical, The book, The Verbally Abusive Relationship by Patricia Evans saved my life. Feel free to e-mail me: wacalice@aol.com....I am a moderator of an abused survivors group.