Womans Divorce Forum

Discuss your troubles, compare ex's, offer suggestions, and share stories!

Womans Divorce Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Very newly separated

It sounds like you did the right thing, if he is cheating on you. There are diseases out there too.
Ex has been gone over year now, I had date last night. I felt more lonely & depressed than by myself.
The guy was nice, we had similar interests, energy etc. etc. but I really dont' want anyone else.
There's a huge difference I think between being ALONE & LONELY. When I figured that out for me, what that meant, I am finally @ peace. But to force a relationship with someone that it doesn't feel right with is also to me, LONELY & I felt it last evening.
The one thing that would appaul me is to have ex read this but I'll say it here.. is that I loved him more than anything & I am SO happy even though I am alone because I was loved how I needed to be loved & I believe that I gave him the love that he needed, even though he cheated & left, etc. I saw & knew that for him he is unhappy in himself. It was not that he was unhappy with me, & he would voice that he loved me often.
I think when one finally comes to a place where they understand their walk, with God (YES), with others, marriage, single, divorced, widowed, then there is that continuum that is peaceful & ongoing.
I see this thread if you will that connects me to Heaven & all that has happened makes sense to me, & to force something along that doesn't work/ fit in, just doesn't cut it. That's how I felt on that date.
I think he was very offended.. & I also know that when we do date, it's very important to not take it personal when someone rejects because it's not personal. Friendships within groups are a supportive connectedness but intimacy is a big deal & for good reason.
I was happily married, had all I could want despite my ex's abuse etc., I was happy, wanted to work on, not quit. So, I guess just knowing & living reality is enough for me. I want to make friends, rebuild my life & that is going to take TIME.
But as you say, to force something that is false, whatever that is.. & that Goes Against God isn't right. It doesn't feel right to the spirit.
I think too people live in darkness or light. the light propells us. We definitely need others but connections in The Light of CHRIST. That love, peace & joy.
It's empowering, freeing, & complete.
I think last night/ that one time date, & I have not been with another man since ex left, I have had 3 opportunities now but shut them down in any physical manner & could not go second date, all 3 were wanting to date me. I can't do it. I'm not bragging, there is nothing to brag about, it's just I can't do it.
SO, I think I need to resign to fact I may be DONE.
I have not been, "looking," for another & don't want to. I want to get on with my life.
God is my Spouse, God is my Father.
That's awesome! Complete.
In Heaven we are healed.
It's ok to have many feelings.. but last night showed me again, one has to be able to FEEL. I felt blocked, that somehow I was not going to be able to feel what I need to with this person, I was married, happy, once & that was enough for me. I will continue to FEEL & BE / Close to God...