Womans Divorce Forum

Discuss your troubles, compare ex's, offer suggestions, and share stories!

Womans Divorce Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: I did it I took the first step and told him all the times he has hurt me.

Lisa, I'm sure you are feeling a great relief right now. It had to have been a very hard conversation to have, even if it needed to be done. Definitely get to an attorney ASAP so you know what you can and can't do to protect yourself and your children.

Do the words 'civil' and 'divorce' make an oxymoron? I hope you are able to have a civil divorce. My stbx was all about that, until he got mad and told me he was done paying me anything until it was all settled. OK, not so civil anymore. Better than many though I suppose. But I digress.

I understand your desire to stay in the home for the kids. I, too, had hoped to stay in my home. It has just come full circle and because he hasn't paid anything for a few months the home is close to foreclosure. I live too close to him and have decided I need to move and make sure I am not under his control in any way, shape or form-or that I am not in a position in which I rely on him for ANYTHNG. That's something you may need to consider. Sounds like your father-in-law may be a little controlling? Mine is EXTREMELY controlling and the further from him I am, the better off I am.

Good luck, Lisa. Please keep us posted on what happens next.