Womans Divorce Forum

Discuss your troubles, compare ex's, offer suggestions, and share stories!

Womans Divorce Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: young and getting divorced.. already?

You should be SO proud of yourself and see how amazing you are to see he is a low life and GET OUT and get well!! You are awesome and BIG hugs to you!! I was 19 when I married, 22 when I had my first child. He was using drugs and drinking. Lied, covered it up, told me I was crazy... When I was pregnant, I found out the truth. Too late for me. No friends no family no job, just too bad. More years, more lies. another child, now we are almost at 20 year anniversary and STILL THE SAME. I wish to God I had your strength at your age. You will do great. You love your kids, enjoy every moment with them, forget about him, your kids are a blessing. Life is great and you will be happy without him. I cannot get mine to LEAVE and it's making me crazy but I pray a lot and have faith I will be out of this soon. God bless you and your children and please see your strength by getting out. I am so sorry you have to go through this and I admire you and just know you will be fine. My biggest regret is I didn't value myself and that I spent most of the years being depressed when my kids were small rather than appreciating them. i am making up for lost time now we do a lot together I still have issues with my 16-year-old but we are pretty good as a family of 3 (HE does NOTHING with us, I desperately want him GONE) so take good care of yourself and your little ones. Do well in school, it will be your ticket to freedom.

Re: young and getting divorced.. already?

I agree with the others and yourself...You are ahead
of many right now when it comes to divorce...

1)You are young

2)Your children are young

3)You haven't been married that long and are not rooted to deeply into your marriage.

4)You see him for what he really is and know you do not need that

5)You still see the value of yourself and did not lose yourself in a long, unhealthy marriage.

6) you did not build up years of memories and material things for your future that he can now take away from you....

I could go on and on, but I think you already know all this and you have your answer, you just have to put it all into action now for the sake of you and your children. Fear likes to hold us all back...even unfounded fear that we start to believe in. You know there is something out there for you when the time is right...now you just have to let your heart know this as well.

Susan