Womans Divorce Forum

Discuss your troubles, compare ex's, offer suggestions, and share stories!

Womans Divorce Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Its been a while

This is a fantasy you would like to make real - Right?

If not, Great! Way to go girl. I loved it.

Abbey, I've been wondering how you're doing. Must've felt REALLY good to unload all of that anger. Hang in there.

I had a bon fire with all the pictures. My daughter and I went through all of them and anything she wanted she kept and everything else we burnt together. It felt great to see his face burn.

GURL! I ABSOLUTELY LOVE IT! GOOD FOR YOU!

Now, just EXHALE!!!!

All I can say is GO GIRL! good for you. You have done what I can't do at the moment. My stbx went through his bedside table and sat with a garbage bag and threw all the cards/letters/memories away right in front of me. It nearly killed me to see him throw away a lifetime of memories with me. I can't do this just yet. I did make a start on the weekend though, I took down our wedding photos, photos of us at my sons wedding. It was very hard for me as I treasure those moments. But I have to keep reminding myself, that the man in the photo is the man I married. He is no longer that man. Thats the only way I can get past this. I also started packing his books into boxes and put some of my own things in the bookshelves to replace his books. I am buying new things to "make a new nest for myself" and am looking forward to the shopping trips with my girlfriends. Also going to move all furniture around as I need to move HIS chair out of my site. It still makes me sad to see it empty. But, OMG you have made my day! I don't know how you got the strength to do it, but as they say, revenge is sweet, even if it means smashing someone over the head. Take care and look out anyone who crosses you!

I enjoyed reading this thread... I can so relate to the posts & the feelings (or lack thereof after all of what we are going through!)..
My X also would throw away all of the, "memories, pics, etc." right in front of me.. Everytime he would leave me (which was often & without cause, he would get mad then pack my stuff up or his in a matter of hours & end it/move out etc..) he would toss the memories... & sell his wedding ring(s) for gas money on the way out of town...
my memory now is usually one of two things, blank slate (nothing) or the anger at what he did to me... My goal.. ? I'm not even sure yet..
I guess to figure out how to not be angry for all the destruction he caused. that alone is a challenge.
Oh & I am STILL mopping up the mess he made over a year later/ financial, etc.. it is all like one big nightmare.. ? for what?
I pray hard to make sense of it all..
Abbey... again, glad to know you are ok.
sorta reminds me of , "supergranny," the grandma on tv from britian that stepped in & clobbered the would be robbers? LOL

OMG! Abbey, your description of "the event", was priceless! I hope you don't take this the wrong way but when reading your post, I thought of the movie fatal attraction. Ironically, I always use to joke with my husband about cheating being risky b/c you never know who you are dealing with! Little did I know at the the time he was F*****g GOD knows who!! Anyhow, you certainly turned the tables & by the sounds of it scared your husband! I believe everything happens for a reason. Perhaps it was meant to be for you to stumble upon what you did so you could get your anger out & be able to move on. At this point you should do what is right for you, whatever defines that for you.

Anyone heard the song "Crazy Women"? I love that song and this post makes me think of it. We don't start live out being nuts..we are made that way by the people around us

Wow ladies, loving the responses.

Ok I have another admission that I just wasnt ready to make (think of my job!) after I poured the beer over him I then started to strangle him. Literally! Two hands round his neck SQUEEZING HARD!!!!!!!!!!
Whilst Im doing this the g/f walks past to get something out of kitchen, think she just wanted to get the hell out of my house........but she just left me to it. LOLS.
Im actually laughing as I write this now.

Going nuts has turned everything around. The bunny boiler o/w has realised that Im the daddy of bunny boilers. And I seemed so nice and reasonable for ages.... .

I couldve lost my job over this and thats the only thing that really freaks me out (although my rather fabulous boss was trying to cover my backside if It was reported, she also said 'about bloody time'.)

Ex has told me that had a complaint being filed he wouldve denied everything. I believe him.

There has been a total shift in everything and it would appear I am suddenly the one in control. He has a new found respect that I find extremely odd considering. he also wants me to help him sort his problems out. His phone is broken and has a mind of its own now, he told me 'I think its from when you threw it against the wall'.
All really very odd.

I kept my wedding ring until one incident with the o/w, I then drove to the house and left it by the kettle where he could see it had been returned to him. he told me after this actually crushed him. I also put a garden fork though our wedding photo in the bed........just to get the point across.

Well if I didnt sound crazy before I certainly do now. All I can say is that I was driven to it, im small, friendly and in the main extrememly sensible and logical. No honetsly I am!!

Anyway my friends, I had great fun and was smiling very much within the hour once Id calmed down, thinking 'sh** did I actually do that?'

I did. Im not sorry.

I tell you, I hurt all over the next day, aches and pains in places I didnt know I had, so ladies, if your gonna do this remember the importance of warming up first........

God love us all.

LMAO (sorry God I realize this is serious...)..

Hey, I wonder if you could go into business?
like Ghost Busters..
ya know, have a card & # we can call when we need backup?
well I say 3 cheers & way to go..
hey, if you run into any legal problems, you could blame the prozac, right?

I think one thing that bothered X was that unlike his ex before me who stayed drunk in order to put up with his b.s., I got back in his face when he was a JERK.
I would attempt to go silent at times but he was abusive & think one reason he continued to leave me is I didn't put up with his cr@p.
He didn't Want to be happy.. I believe that with all my heart & soul.
I'm glad you are OK Abbey & that you didn't get hurt etc.. & I pray you never have to go through this again.. KUDOS!

JLVR, Blesss you, but if I do go through this again then youll need even more popcorn.

there never was any real danger of me not being ok, as for them well it was 50/50. Keeep smiling my girl, just keep smiling.

LMAO I wonder if Julian or Bob have a work out tape "Crazy B*tch Warm up"

Well if they need a lead role

IM UP FOR IT!!!!

LOL ladies.. yes popcorn & super idea of Bob & Jilian .. what was it, "super b*tch?"
crackin up.

but don't like the b*tch title.. 8)
SUPER WOMAN, self defense

B*tch/B*st*rd Busters? I love the Bob & Jilian
addition.. Love it! lol & popcorn yes!

Latest update to keep you posted.

Ex exg/f has begun her texting war, she sent to 'wrong person'. Then she outright text him calling him pathetic and that if he reports her to police she will show them her texts.

I walk into my house and ex cant wait to show me the texts to prove that shes nuts and wont leave him be. He asks me if he should phone the police straight away, I suggested leaving it for this occasion (hey I also need my soap storyline fix).
He has fixed the kitchen window and hunted the smoke alarms out. I get the feeling he is a little nervous!! I think she threatened to petrol bomb the house. She wont but ex is feeling somewhat fragile and vulnerable. Lols.

On her facebook she is telling the world she dumped his sorry ass....she hasnt mentioned her hundreds of texts, pleading to meet him and subsequent harrasment order against her. The temptation to write on her wall is considerable but then my cover would be blown and as we know, its better to keep the enemy close.
She was texting my ex that she was out being wined and dined and being 'really spoilt'. I was unable to tell him that infact she had a new high score on bedazzle, so mustve nipped out to go to the ladies, shot home, signed into facebook, made her high score and then legged it back to the restaurant just in time for dessert.

I also have popcorn....