Womans Divorce Forum

Discuss your troubles, compare ex's, offer suggestions, and share stories!

Womans Divorce Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: New here, just decided to leave my husband of 8 years, how do I break it to him?

First, you need to speak with an attorney so you know what your rights are in regards to your children and personal property. A good attorney will be able to advise you on this.

Then I would think about how I would want it handled if the situation were reversed. If you are concerned about any violence, do have someone with you. It'd be best if your kids were somewhere else.

Keep us posted.

Re: New here, just decided to leave my husband of 8 years, how do I break it to him?

..sounds like trouble and I think you know he will not give up without a huge fight.

I went to a battered women's meetup group for support and the counsellors gave me alot of good info....(don't let ex know about where you are going)

Next time, he "spanks" the children...take them to a doctor if they are hurt. You will need it for court...

and if he hurt you again...call the police for assault. The things you describe are assault....violence against woman. I hope you take extra precaution because it is not a nice place to be.

Contact the Women's centre....have a transition house phone number ready.

Pack a bag with clothes, kid's clothes, in your car for emergency. Take all your important documents along with the children's documents out of the house and keep it elsewhere....been there...done that...

And above all...know you are stronger than you think because you will need it for yourself and the children.

Dee