Womans Divorce Forum

Discuss your troubles, compare ex's, offer suggestions, and share stories!

Womans Divorce Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: What changes have you made?

I let myself sleep in at the weekend - sometimes till around 9:00! I've also started dyeing my hair again, and getting regular haircuts. LOL...WK freaked out after I got the first haircut - he had texted me, all buddy-buddy, 'hiya, what's up with you today, Dear?'. I told him, 'I cut my hair!' Radio silence!! Then I send him a picture of it and he called me. It was hilarious! (I got three inches of dead ends cut off, but the way he reacted, you'd think I had gotten a green Mohawk!)

Well, they do say that insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results! LOL!!

Which would suggest we all married nutters!!!!!!!!

Great post, love to hear all the things we are doing for ourselves!

For me, my thing I am doing differently is NOT TAKING HIM BACK.

For 20 years, he has treated me like I don't count. Whenever I want to leave, he becomes human and treats me well. I used to be SO happy for validation from him, like YES! I DO EXIST! See, if HE acknowledges me then surely I MUST matter!! (sob sob, how PATHETIC ) Anyway, now he is trying to get back with me again. For ummm, IDK, maybe a month or so? Anyway, I am being nice to him. But I am NOT inviting him into my bed!! He's actually been a great guy lately, I was THINKING about maybe I could cave and give him a little diddle and see how it goes.... But then today something minor came up and the way he reacted, well, phew, yes I have been right and I am so glad for this little reminder that he is NOT worth taking back and he SO does NOT deserve to have me! HA! Yeah, he was mad, I don't care. I took off with my daughter, we went out and had fun. I felt better when I came back. Life with him is STRESSFUL, life without him is JOYFUL. I started feeling afraid, saying to myself, why did you say those things, he will pull away, make things more difficult, then I thought SO WHAT. Life can't get any worse than it is with him, so what if he tries to make things harder for me. There is nothing he can do to upset me. Go ahead, make things difficult financially, I'll find a way. Want the kids? Ha, he would never try, he couldn't handle it. Besides, they are old enough to make up their own minds, all I'd get is a bit of time to myself, no WAY would I lose them!

So that's what I am doing differently, I am ENDING the cycle by not taking him back. Yeah me!

Strongspirit

YOU GO GIRL

I figured out how to repair my driveway...by mixing concrete and pouring it in the cracks....

I bought myself a trowel...and just made the seams in the concrete. It's fun...didn't think I could do it...but hey...have to start. An added bonus..is that the ants won't be crawling all over the driveway because I'm fixing the cracks now.

I hope to have enough skills to renovate by myself one day!...Something along the line of a beautiful light fixture. I would like to do that by myself.

Dee

That's awesome Dee & very therapeutic. I just put a new kitchen faucet in & repaired my leaking washing machine. It feels great to be the man of the house so to speak! The only time I ranted every swear word on record was last year when I spent 12 hours straight shoveling! but ya know what, I did it & was proud of it. Hard work & the fruits of your labor foster such independent pride. Keep it up girl. I plan on single handely fixing all the issues in my 115 yr old house, with a smile on my face.

I am taking a home improvement class mainly for women, starts soon! Check your local adult school, mine is awesome, can't wait, I'll learn all kinds of things so I can take care of the basics myself! FUN! AND freeing!! Can't beat that!
Dyed my hair tonight, daughter will cut it for me (it's waist length, yucky at my age but I can't stand hair salons) She'll cut off 3 inches or so (she's excited to do it, otherwise stbx would have but she can't stand that thought!), will take 20 seconds and with the dye, hopefully look healthier!

Good! Maybe you can help me fix the 101 things wrong with my old farmhouse?!

You got it! Thanks for the vote of confidence that I won't make matters worse (as has been the case thus far...reason for trying the class!) Hopefully I'll get through the whole thing without being kicked out I really shouldn't be allowed around power tools (or electricity in general, sharp objects, etc.) but I LIKE it!

We can have a sanding & painting party. You help with the labor & I will supply all the wine you can drink & some good laughs:)

Hows the new hair looking Strongspirit?

If we can do the DIY ourselves;

A) Itll get done in a quarter of the time.

B) The air will only be mildly blue

C) We will manage without having a personal 'stand there and pass me.....' assistant.

And most importantly.....

D) Itll be done RIGHT!