Womans Divorce Forum

Discuss your troubles, compare ex's, offer suggestions, and share stories!

Womans Divorce Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Someone new

Alone, I know what you mean. Right now I am so enjoying the life I have all to myself. I spend time with my girls, but I do what I want when I want at home. After devoting nearly 30 years to caring for everyone else, I am taking this time for me. It sounds selfish, but it's really not. One day, I would like to find a nice guy. I believe it's possible. Even at our age. But for now, I am enjoying my freedom.

Re: Someone new

Alone - I am also 50 and it scares me to think I may have to put myself out there and start a life with another man. I still pray to God every day to keep me safe and to help my husband realise that he is about to throw away our marriage. I am like you, as in I do want my marriage to be restored. After 21yrs I can't even imagine getting naked with another man. I have now joined a group called Life After Divorce and Seperation. Its a social group of men and women, not online dating, just a social gathering of people who are in the same or similar positions as we are. I am looking forward to meeting some new people and getting out and having some fun. I pray for you Alone and the other ladies here who do want to save their marriages. I also just purchase a great book - Love Must be Tough - by Dr James Dobson. I cannot recommend this enough, it really opened my eyes to what is tough love. If you truely do want to save your marriage then read this. Hugs to everyone here, stay strong!