Womans Divorce Forum

Discuss your troubles, compare ex's, offer suggestions, and share stories!

Womans Divorce Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: How Do You lLet GO? Of Everything.

Alone, My heart goes out to you. I too cried when I read your post. Your love and devotion to this man and your marriage are unbelievable. But its time to throw in the towel and end the fight. You will know in your heart that you did what you could, sometimes our best isn't good enough when the other person is unwilling to change. Hold your head high and walk away with your dignity intact.
I agree to that you need a lawyer. You need a good lawyer and good friends to help you through this hard time.
You are strong, you have proven that by hanging in so long. Take your strength and use it to fight for YOU. They say that there is no winner in a divorce but IMO YOU will be the winner because you have such a strong heart. You will survive and he will crumble.
Use your mind not your heart to get what you deserve. Like sue said don't make emotional decisions, it will cost you in the end.

Yep. I have been lost for some time now. They say "I still love you" but then they do something totally opposite. Wounds to the heart seem to take the most time to heal if they ever dothat is.

Aint that the truth! I would rather be hit by a Mack truck or mauled by a Great white shark! It would hurt less!

Oh, Alone, you are in my prayers and heart today. I know how hard it is to understand how they could be so cruel and careless, but if he is anything like my ex, which it sounds as if he is, they only try to look like they are working on the marriage to make it easier to look good in the eyes of others and ease their own guilt as well as having you treat them nicely throughout the whole thing.

You did try so hard and the saddest thing is that you put your whole heart into it until the very end and he is still breaking it. You deserve so much more than a fool like this. It will take time for your love to let go because it is love that you have. Real love and loyalty that you promised in your vows through better or worse.

I know that pain as well. In fact, my ex has been living with his other woman for some time now and by his actions and asking me about my vacation times with the kids, I have a feeling he may be planning a wedding with her this summer. Life does not always seem fair, but who you are and with all your love you walk on a much higher ground than your husband and his girlfriend.

Try to remember all you have done to make it work and hold your head high knowing you gave your best and all you had....you may not know it but others will admire your grace and commitment. God reads the heart and you have a golden one that someone who loves you deserves. We are all here for you.

Susan

Alone, my heart breaks for you. I cried reading your post. I so know how you feel. I felt the same way when my idiot husband left me for OW. All the same emotions. All the questions and shock of the outcome. You gave it your all, and he did not. We never will know why they do this to us after such a long marriage. I am heading into the fourth month since he left, and the papers are nearing completion. I have to sell my house. A good thing, tho, I think. Somewhere to go where he has never been. Find a new life for yourself. You have children and grandchildren that will help you get through. Get someone to represent you so that you don't get sold short on this divorce. Protect yourself. You are such a dear, please let us know how you are holding up. Sending love and hugs to you.

You have done all you can & it's not enough. I think what makes it hard is the concept that we can't fix everything- even if we feel it's the right thing.

I tried for years to get my ex-h to put the kids & I first in his life- and eventually I had to stop. It wasn't my fault- and this is in no way your fault. It is what it is- a sad outcome.

I think it's natural to feel all your effort was in vain, but it wasn't- you have set a good example to your kids & grandkids. You did all the right things- that is the part that speaks about you & your ethics.

I believe you'll be happier out of this situation. When I left- my kids got to see the real me- and I felt a weight was lifted. I hope things work out for you- stay strong...

Dear Alone, my heart breaks for you. I have been trying to save my marriage too and am starting to think that I've done it all wrong, that I've been too nice, tried to hard to fix it, let him believe it was all my fault when it wasn't.

From all I've read these shady affairs never work out because it is impossible to build them on the pain and suffering of others. There will always be a shadow over the relationship. Always.

I've also read that these men eventually come back because they finally understand what the affair cost them-family, kids, friends, money, homes, respect-and they realize that the price was too high and they want it all back. I find some consolation in this but I am not looking forward to the years of pain while he figures it all out. I'm finding that living hour to hour, day to day is about all that I can handle right now. Any thought of the future ratchets the pain, fear and anxiety sky high and I about lose my mind.

I hope what I've written helps. I'm sending big hugs and prayers your way. You are NOT alone.

Would you really be able to welcome back the cheating sob that left you in such pain?! I loved him with all my heart, but he tossed it and our girls aside to run off with someone else. By the time he gets his head out of his @ss---if he even does---I will have healed and what would I want with a lying cheater? I can't believe that I would be able to be with him ever again after all the pain he has caused. And how on earth could you ever trust him again?

Barb, as for me, I truly believe that his affair is a one time thing most likely caused by a mid-life crisis and possibly depression issues that my husband has refused to face until this started. I am positive nothing like this has happened in the past. To my shame the situation has also pointed out just how stale our relationship had become. That issue has been addressed and no longer exsists. Husband has suffered greatly for what he is doing. Yes, I know he brought it on himself and deserves all of it. But if he were to decide our marriage was what he wants, I would watch carefully for a time and he would have to earn back my trust. But I do not think I would have a problem trusting again.

Alone, you're a better person than I am...I'd never take the louse back if it were me.

Your situation, however, is so far different from mine, and I genuinely wish you the best. I pray things work out the way that you hope. =)