Womans Divorce Forum

Discuss your troubles, compare ex's, offer suggestions, and share stories!

Womans Divorce Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Whether or not to divorce

I am in your boat right now! My husband and I grew apart but we can't fix what's broken. He wont talk to me about anything, he wont go to counceling or a priest. Sometimes, people are better off alone. I dont know your situation but I know that if he isnt willing to talk or try to change then maybe it's time to walk away. I dont love my STBX anylonger and I dont want to live a life that means nothing to me or is at a dead end. God gave me a life to live and I'm going to start living again, and alone. Scary but things will work out. Stay strong and stay positive.

..no real reason..except for boredom?? I'm not sure that is worth getting a divorce.

If you met someone new and fell in love, then that would be a different scenario.

A reporter once asked the comedian George Burns how he kept his marriage to Gracie together for so long and he said, we never fell out of love at the same time. One of us was always in love enough to the keep the marriage going. Maybe your husband will carry your marriage until you fall back in love again.

Each person has to follow their own path and I have no judgement on anyone. But I do wish my husband had meant his weddding vowels - for better or worse, for richer or poorer, in sickness or in health until death do us part. This is one of those "worst moments' and I wish he had more staying power.

Have you considered counseling...or are you even interested in that? Adding on to what someone else said, things do tend to get boring and couples do get into ruts along the way. I was married for 9 years and we had our share of ups and downs once the "honeymoon" was over. I dont know if maybe this is what is happening and maybe you just need to find a way to reconnect, or if you just feel that the marriage is dead.

I too was scared to death of leaving...being on my own, having to fend for myself. It turned out to be just fine though. Don't be afraid of leaving...you can survive on your own.

If you're nervous more about the divorce process itself, well...it is hard regardless if its amicable or not. That being said, if wanting a divorce is what you want than you will do what you have to do to be free. It wont be easy, but dont be afraid. Mine was a mess, but in the end it was worth what I had to go through.