Womans Divorce Forum

Discuss your troubles, compare ex's, offer suggestions, and share stories!

Womans Divorce Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: 1 month since he left and I still can't motivate myself to move forward

I'm sorry Jasper. This is a grieving process just like a death. We go through the five stages of grief just the same. Unfortunately its just going to take time. I've been right were you are...we all have, or are now. My advice is just to go with waht you are feeling at any given moment. If you need to cry, scream, break something, than go for it. It will help your heart begin to slowly heal itself.

Reach out to friends, family, coworkers if you can, and post here as much as you need to. You need support now even though its tempting to just lie in bed with the covers over your head.

If you really feel like you arent coping well, than counseling or medication can help too. I dont know how you or anyone else feels about meds, and I dont necessarily like to suggest that, but there is a reason they are there. I had to do both as I also couldnt sleep, concentrate on anything, eat, lost alot of weight, and began having panic attacks. I'm just saying that depending on how bad you feel, a counselor or doctor can help you if you need it. Dont be afraid to get help. Doctors see this all the time.

I wish you some peace and hope that your adjustment will begin getting a bit easier soon. I can promise you that it will, although I know you arent there yet.

Please post here whenever you need, ok?