Womans Divorce Forum

Discuss your troubles, compare ex's, offer suggestions, and share stories!

Womans Divorce Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Looking for a unicorn

I love the unicorn analogy My husband thinks he's found his unicorn. Did I mention here that I'd found a picture? She's my size so apparently the 30 pounds I still need to lose, (I'd already lost 50 before this all started), are not the issue. She is only 9 months younger than me so that can hardly be it. She has the same hair color as me. She has skinny lips and squinty eyes, neither of which are like mine. I am a perfectly nice woman who loves to have fun and I believe I'm fairly decent in the "love" department if you know what I mean. I am also a woman who would NEVER in a million years break up another woman's family. We have very similar incomes. I have his children and grandchildren, a shared history, memories of him when we were young. After 32 years our lives are woven together in a thousand different ways, each of which pain me when the threads are severed.
One day I hope he will wake up and realize that the "Fairy Tale" he is living is just that, a fantasy of perfection. Maybe then he will see what he has done. Maybe then it will be too late to make amends. I do not want him to suffer as I have, (like the fool I am I love him to much to want him to suffer), but it would be nice if he just had some realization of what he's put his family through for a fantasy.
I like this thought Kathleen! Thanks for posting it!!