Womans Divorce Forum

Discuss your troubles, compare ex's, offer suggestions, and share stories!

Womans Divorce Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: He's, I don't know...

May your husband and ask for the world, but it doesn't mean he is going to get it. Consult an attorney and you will see. Make sure you say what you want too. Take care and keep us posted.

I don't see how the courts are going to give your ex all that he is demanding. Half the things my ex demanded of me I don't think his lawyer even knew he was demanding. Sometimes they are just blowing hot air to see what they can scare you into signing over to them. If you have an ex like my ex I would question everything with your lawyer first before agreeing to sigh anything at all. I don't understand how these men turn into monsters during a divorce.

Susan

He is being totally unreasonable. Sounds to me that he does need an evaluation and he should be afraid to get one.
Make a list of what you feel is fair and equitable. Stick to it. Give it to your lawyer. Give it to the judge.
Your husband is trying to intimidate you. Don't let him do that to you.

Dear May, Some people you just can't deal with. I would NEVER, NEVER, talk to him directly! That is the worst thing you can do. If he wants to talk about your children let him send you a message. The very best thing for you is to have that evaluation!!!!! MY grandson's father was like that and the court just blasted him! Again these men have been so disrepectful and crazy they actually think they are going to run the show. Stop the direct contact with him today if not sooner! I live in California a community property state and he would get one half period. Both would provide for the children and possible spousal support would be granted the spouse with the greatest need. I can't stress to you enough not to talk to him anymore. Go through the lawyers. We all realize your pain and wish you did not have to suffer through this. Protect yourself and your children.

Stay strong May...I think you are doing just fine.

He wants half time because it will be cheaper on child support payment. He wants all debt in your name but the courts won't allow it so just relax here. (family debt is a percentage...whatever the judge decide later on)...

He wants a schedule that your children won't like...but we will help you through it later. At this point, I don't think he cares much about their ordeal...but that's my opinion.

He wants an evaluation because in order to do all these things, he or his lawyer...will want to show that you are the bad one...or the one with mental issues. You are strong so you and your lawyer won't have much problem here. The psychiatrist will do tests that show these things...and he could come out badly in it..

Keep talking with your children. I went through a similar ordeal...and years later, all is ok.