Womans Divorce Forum

Discuss your troubles, compare ex's, offer suggestions, and share stories!

Womans Divorce Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: did I do something wrong?

Dear Dana, Would you like to redo your first post? As Susan pointed out perhaps you accidently cancelled it. We are a very close group here. We all have issues which are different yet very much the same. Your husband is not well. His life caught up with him and he is trying to run away from it. He can't out run it and everytime he looks back it is right behind him. You need to see a therapist to help you deal with your grief. I do truely believe God puts us in these situations to force us to change our lives for the better. We sacrifice ourselves to try and save our very damaged marriages. This is a time to heal and find yourself. He is a lost soul and if you let him he is going to take you down with him. We are all here for you to vent to. We have all poured our hearts out here so please feel free to do the same.

Re: did I do something wrong?

Hi Dana,

The first few months are the most difficult. It's natural to grieve for a while because you've lost a long-held relationship that was such a core part of your identity. If he’s mentally unstable, you probably should have left some time ago. Be gentle on yourself. Seek help from a counselor or therapist to help you heal your emotional wounds. You didn’t do anything wrong.

Know that things will get a lot better in the coming months. Use this time for personal growth and to nurture your soul. Take time to get in touch with the beauty of nature, listen to some relaxing music, spend some time at a spa, cuddle your favorite pet, watch your favorite comedies. Think about what you’d love to do with your life, now that you’re not constrained by your husband anymore. Once you let go of the negative thoughts, you’ll relish the freedom of your new life. And all kinds of new opportunities will open up for you.

Hugs,

Keiko
WingsForWomen.net