Womans Divorce Forum

Discuss your troubles, compare ex's, offer suggestions, and share stories!

Womans Divorce Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: My children, My Ex and My new partner

I guess this is why my attorney included some statement in our papers about talking negatively about the other parent, blah, blah, blah. Ridiculous! Kids should never be put in the middle. Regardless of what he thinks of you or your behaviors (I'm not saying your wrong here, I'm just making a point) he has not right to do this to the kids. Are you/they in counseling. I think they need to be.

Has he always been this controlling? He has found a way to continue to control what you do even after several years. I'm not feeling like I have much advice, but I felt a need to respond. Hopefully others will have some insight for you. Keep us posted.

I agree Becky. We also had something put into our separation agreement regarding slamming the other parent. I think that is the worst thing you can do. I dont care what the issues are between the parents...how bad it is. It isnt the kids faults, and this behavior only hurts them more.

I dont know about my ex, as I have no faith in him anymore, but I will never speak poorly of him to my son or put my son in the middle of our crap.

Dear Nikki, I hope your children are in theraphy. I find it hard to believe if you have a therapist back you up that this issue can not be revisited in court. This is harmful to the well being of the children. Can you go to mediation without him to show a climate of cooperation. He hasn't any new relationships? There needs to be some sort of boundaries set here. What if you want to remarry this man? It may cost money for the attorney but I would try and bring this back to court. A unbiased therapist would be very important. Would your ex help you select one? Just try and keep the door open with your 14 year old. This is such a hard time. Don't be shocked if he decides he wants to go live with Dad. At this age they are more inclined to bond with Dad. My grandson's dad had little or nothing to do with him as a child but my grandson chose to go with his dad when my daughter split from his father. He didn't stay long though and ended up living with me most of the time. I am a fan of family counseling. You of course must make your children come first but is this actually putting them first? Your child is learning a very bad lesson from your ex. He is blackmailing everyone here. My thoughts and prayers are with you.