Womans Divorce Forum

Discuss your troubles, compare ex's, offer suggestions, and share stories!

Womans Divorce Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Observation

Susan It is amazing to read what you write. I am always looking at things the flea is doing. He bought a bike, when I asked him repeatedly to buy one and go out with us. He is grilling, when I would ask him to do it, and he was always tired. He washes cars, and I can go on and on. I think he is a hypocrite because all the things he hates now he is doing with big foot. I keep telling my daughter, he will soon get tired and want to go back to the way things were and then big foot will see the man he really is. Thanks Susan your words help.

Yes, all our exes are the same aren't they now. My ex bought a bike as well and a motorcycle and added a second garage to his already new home etc....It no longer bothers me because he will always be like this. It is really kind of sad. My ex did all this with me when we first started dating and were married only then he borrowed a motorcycle, but in time he puts things down and moves on and then when there is nothing else he can think of he goes right back to doing the same things all over again in a cycle. He is never truly happy with anything in time. He is always looking for the next high he gets by doing something new or changing something.

I have to say I truly believe I am a much richer person than him in life because I can be content in what I have or do not have. I have been pretty well off and I have been poor throughout my life in material things, but I have always been very happy with life...Just not in this divorce I had to face, but it is over and it is time to move on. I never really lost my happiness, I only placed it in the back of my life for a while with all the sadness of this divorce. I now find myself placing this divorce on a back shelf and pulling my happiness back out. Happiness as we all know is within us....not in material things or other people. To bad our exes may never see this.

Susan

So how's that book coming? You are so beautiful with words. And your last paragraph left me smiling. I'm so excited to get moved and start a new chapter in my life.