Womans Divorce Forum

Discuss your troubles, compare ex's, offer suggestions, and share stories!

Womans Divorce Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: The difficulty of moving on

There's a growing trend these days that it's presumed to be in the children's best interests that both parents are entitled to a relationship with them. Your move away would make that more difficult.

Re: The difficulty of moving on

Dear Fearless, You are a good mother I can tell by your post. Do you want to move because this is where your family lives? Have you started the divorce process? You may find that you can not move without the consent of your husband. There are a few ladies on this post who have had to deal with that issue. It is always sad to seperate a child from either of their parents. I was very very blessed that my first husband was a wonderful and caring person. We were always able to co-parent cooperatively as we still had a great fondness for each other. I however always lived in the same city as my ex. I had an open door policy for my ex. He got along with my current husband also. I know this is rare and I'm still so greatful all these years later. The very best thing for your child is in fact your cooperation with each other for her sake. You and he must always come second and she must always come first. Either way my prayers are with you as this is usually a lose/lose for everyone. Have you gotten into the child support issues ect. yet? Gather your strength and if you can sit down and get this all settled for your baby girls sake. It is always sad to see the death of a marriage. We are all here for you.