Womans Divorce Forum

Discuss your troubles, compare ex's, offer suggestions, and share stories!

Womans Divorce Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: 7 stages of grief

Joe you said it. Misery loves company and he will be miserable with his sl*t. She was a miserable person before and after going through two husbands came looking for my husband. He ate up every thing she said to him and she knew just how to work him. They are both pretty good liars so they truly deserve eachother.
You know when I found out in 1992 that I had an incurable liver disease and it was very rare. They gave me 10 to 12 years. I thought that was the worst thing that could happen to me. I got through it and now the disease has stopped progressing and will not do me in. Then 2 1/2 years ago I was diagnosed with breast cancer and I thought that would do me in, I am 2 1/2 years cancer free and don't even worry about that anymore. I thought I survived those devistating things in my life and I truly thought I had it made now. That is when I found out he was cheating. He had not been there for me during these things anyway. His idea of comfort is "don't talk about it, ignore it and it will go away and take care of its self". then this mess. I know they say God only gives you as much as you can take, well I keep asking him if I am done now. I tell God I have had my share now so please let this be the last big devistating thing in my life. I know I am strong having gone through this but I just don't want to be strong anymore. I want to be taken care of. I want a man who puts his arms around me every day and asks me how I am doing. Askes me if there is anything he can do to make my life better, easier. That is all I want.

So now the jerk tells me that he was always there for me and worried about me all the time but just never said anything because he didn't want to remind me of what I was going through. He didn't say or do anything for me because he didn't want to do the wrong thing. That is just his way of saying he didn't really care because it wasn't about him.
When I think about how he is and things he has done I really should be laughing. He has no friends to lean on, not one. He never kept friends and never went out of his way to make any. His sisters are more miserable human beings than he is and neither of our kids want much to do with him. So in the long run I am so much better off. My kids love me, I have wonderful suportive friends and I have all of you womderful women in here.
After all Jo you and I were married to the same man I am sure!! They just don't know what they have lost. They will find out one day and it will be too late for them. I live for that day.

Re: 7 stages of grief

Hi Bridget,

I just entered this site and felt compelled to tell you, I completely understand. I am going through the same thing, with a very similar man. I never ever thought this would be my life. I am 6mo in, and i am constantly in awe that this is my life. I hate every moment of it but yet I'm smart enough to know I must over come and survive. I dont know how, but I will. I just want you to know I feel your pain, more than you can even imagen..