Womans Divorce Forum

Discuss your troubles, compare ex's, offer suggestions, and share stories!

Womans Divorce Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Not the life I thought I would have

You are in the right place. This site is a god send and the women on here are truly wonderful to talk to, vent with or what ever you need.
We will all come out of this better and stronger but it is not fun getting to that place.
Hang in there and come on her and vent anytime. We are all feeling the same pain and misery.

Vye, I think most of us could agree that this is not the life we expected to live. After 30 years, I never thought my husband would go looking for someone else and leave me for her. After the shock and hysteria settled, I started taking care of me. Something I never did in my marriage. It was always all about him. I have two grown daughters, 23 and 28 who will not speak to their dad either. One day they may decide to have a relationship with him, or they may not. They are adults and will make that choice. My stbx has not accused me of turning them against him to me, but I am sure friends and family get an interesting story from him.

We are always here to listen and offer support.

Thanks - It is so helpful to know I am not the only one in this horrible situation.

I hear you on the narcissist and compulsive liar bit. Sounds an awful lot like my own stbx. In my experience however, I have found the lies will get found out someday and people will side with you when they find out they may not come out and say it but they will think it and likely not take him as seriously. Hang in there. This site is a great support.

Thanks! That is what I am praying will happen!