Womans Divorce Forum

Discuss your troubles, compare ex's, offer suggestions, and share stories!

Womans Divorce Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: A startaling realization.

You Ladies are all so eloquent. You are such a wonderful group of fine women who deserve everything good in this world. You bring me to tears, describing what I myself am beginning to find out. My divorce has also been the worst thing that has ever happened to me. Truly my marriage has been the only thing I ever really wanted that I could not salvage. I am still heartbroken, I believe that I always will be. Yes, I know I will get beyond this but the sorrow and the missing what SHOULD have been will always be with me, even if it is buried in my heart. But I have grown to through this experience and while I NEVER wanted this to happen I have to be grateful for the chance to learn and grow. I am truly not the woman I was a few months ago. It is so obvious to all who know me well. Each of my children and even my husband have commented on the change in me which astounds me as I thought the changes were only within myself. You have all expressed my feelings so beautifully and I thank you for that. I wish you all a peaceful day.

Re: A startaling realization.

I'm glad you reached that realization. In the process of my divorce, I was learning this too, but you put it so much more eloquently. We are responsible for ourselves, and how we feel. Though I will say changing the way one thinks is no easy task. Something that helped and is actually really hard is to love yourself in the eye (using a mirror) and sincerely say "I love you. I am worthy of love. I am capable of giving and receiving love." ten times. It helped me accept who I am physically and emotionally.