Womans Divorce Forum

Discuss your troubles, compare ex's, offer suggestions, and share stories!

Womans Divorce Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Pieces have Fallen Together

I'm so glad you had a good time this weekend with someone else. It is peaceful coming to the point that you know there is more out there than the pain your ex was causing. When the exes first leave for someone else they have no idea what they want and send mixed feelings and issues back and forth to us...but just the fact that they could walk off with someone and do what they do tells us we really don't need selfish men like this in our lives.

I have seen much kinder men out here than my ex will ever be and now that I am not with my ex or even think about him much I notice that there are still kind and caring husbands and fathers around. It's nice to see men who care and are faithful to their families. It is just sad that my ex couldn't be one of them.

You are smart not to rush right in to a relationship with this person you spent the weekend with. I think we can learn a lot from our divorces and from what we know we don't want in our next relationships. It is good to take time and learn from the past so we can choose the right people for our futures. You sound like you have everything in control and the weekend ride helped you to place things into perspective. I enjoy taking time by myself to think and ponder about the past and the future. I think rushing things only puts us at a disadvantage when dealing with our lives. It is nice to hear some good news about someones weekend.

Susan