Womans Divorce Forum

Discuss your troubles, compare ex's, offer suggestions, and share stories!

Womans Divorce Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: How Do I Stop Being So Needy

I think you know the answer to your own question.

If you really want to keep him...concentrate on you...not him. Your emotional and physical health should be your primary goal. Get out of the house, workout, eat healthy, find stuff to do, hang out with friends. Desperation just isn't attractive or endearing...men HATE that stuff...even if they're nice guys. If they're bad ones, they'll smell your weakness and use it to kick you around.

In taking care of yourself, you can't go wrong.

My thought is, if he wants to make this work and not get divorced, why is he still talking to the OW?
I know you might want this to work, but maybe a trial seperation is what is needed. Let you find yourself, decide what you really want AND let him decide if he wants the new and improved you, or the OW.
He cant have both in his life and expect a relationship with either to work.

Alone,

I have been reading your story for months now. My heart breaks for you because I know how much love, time and work you have put into your relationship. But I have to be honest. In my opinion he doesn't want you to bring it up because he knows what he is doing is wrong, he knows how much it is hurting you and he doesn't want to think about it or have to deal with it until he is gone. It bothers him that he hurt you so much because it makes him feel like a bad person and he doesn't want to feel that way.

Both of the other women who commented are right. Take care of yourself right now. He is either going to leave or he isn't but you can't can't force him into a decision or if you do, it won't be the one you want. The best thing to do is take the pressure off of him completely, enjoy your time together, but take care of yourself first. If he really doesn't want to go, he won't.

I pray for you every day and hope beyond hope that it all works out for you.
Teresa

I sure wish I knew the answer to that. Because you know you and I are so much alike. My ex just called me and we talked for a minute then the phone was silent. I kept saying "are you there??? Don't hang up on me!! and I just started crying, out of control crying. Well I hung up because he wasn't there. The phone rang right away and he was yelling into it "I will never hang up on you, I didn't hang up on you the phone just cut out. I was crying so hard by then I couldn't stop. He just kept telling me to take a breath and slow down and that he would never do that to me. We only talked for a few more minutes then he had to leave to go to dinner. He is working in in Montana this week and just got back to his room. He is going to call me when he gets back from dinner, if he remembers I hope.
so I also keep telling him how much I want him back and how I want our life back. I have to remind myself that he knows exactly how I feel so I shouldn't keep reminding him but it just comes out of my mouth. I keep thinking if I just say it one more time or say it the right way he is going to say "Ok I'm coming home" I know that is stupid and will never happen but it just comes out of my mouth before I can stop it. If I didn't love him I am sure it would not be an issue at all. What a mess our lives are in right now. I sure wish I could see a year into the future and know how this all turns out.
Well in the mean time we just need to keep putting one foot in front of the other and try and keep our sanity. If it is meant to be it will be. That is easy to say but not so easy to live. Take care and I keep you in my prayers.