Womans Divorce Forum

Discuss your troubles, compare ex's, offer suggestions, and share stories!

Womans Divorce Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Contemplating divorce

So sorry you are going through this. Your kids will be okay, your emotional health impacts your kids. If you are unhappy, you aren't doing your kids any favors staying in that situation.

First, ask around and find a really good divorce attorney. Go for a consultation, you may be able to get alimony in addition to child support.

Also, do you have your own money that your husband does not have access to? Get your own bank account or start stashing cash if needed.

You can do it!

Re: Contemplating divorce

Still here and still contemplating. I'm growing very tired of my husband's idea of parenting which is to yell at the kids all the time. You know what they say about insanity and doing the same thing over and over expecting a different outcome? That's how I feel about my husband. At this point I just feel stupid and foolish believing this last time that he'll change and be better. It'll never happen. I'm tired of being with someone who is completely obsessed with his phone 24/7, yells at our kids all the time, and is so lazy with everything in life. No motivation, no drive, no goals in life, no hobbies... just happy being a blob on the couch dying slowly.
Ugh no thanks.
I think money is the sole reason I don't leave. Housing in Colorado is stupid expensive and I don't make much. Even combined with child support I doubt it'd be enough to survive on.
I just wish I had someone to talk to about all this. Nothing worse than not having a single friend on this planet.
I'm so tired.