Womans Divorce Forum

Discuss your troubles, compare ex's, offer suggestions, and share stories!

Womans Divorce Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Any advice for getting out of a abusive marriage?

Hi Jen, I wrote the below reply to another lady as well but I think the same may apply to you. I hope this helps!

Firstly, I'm so sorry you've been going through this, no one deserves to be mistreated in what was supposed to be a loving relationship. Know that you deserve to be loved, to be treated well and to be happy.

1. Create an exit plan - organise your finances, find a place to live and pack the things you want to take with you. Then search online for the lawyer you need to make a clean break and start the proceedings when you have finances etc. in order.

2. Talk to your nearest and dearest - let them know what is going on and be honest and open with them. You might be surprised to find they will be supportive of your decision and act as a support network for you. And if not, then you know who will be there for you and who won't. Cut the ones who won't help and support you out of your life, you don't need people like that around you.

3. Talk to other women who have been through the same thing, it really helps to know what others have been through so you know you're not alone, believe me there is a lot of comfort to be found in shared experiences and comraderie. You can join a support group, start a coffee morning, whatever you need to surround yourself around others who understand you.

It's going to be a long road ahead, but YOU CAN DO IT. Your marriage sounds like it's been the hardest part. But this stage will be a relief once you start it and get going. You must do what is right for you and just know that you WILL be happy again. When you've been verbally and physically abused, there is no way back. Your mind, body and soul will make the decision for you.

I wish you all the best my love, hang in there ❤️

Re: Any advice for getting out of a abusive marriage?

Within the realm of academic support, our Pay Someone to Take My TEAS Exam service stands as a beacon of reliability and security, meticulously crafted to facilitate remote exam-taking for students. By enlisting our assistance, you not only guarantee a seamless academic journey but also access a trusted partner committed to ensuring your educational endeavors are characterized by convenience and peace of mind.