Womans Divorce Forum

Discuss your troubles, compare ex's, offer suggestions, and share stories!

Womans Divorce Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Blood Relatives Will Always Be Prioritized Over Me

That is fine story, so glad you're getting out. Your husband sounds like he has no empathy. I'm so sorry about this, you deserve better.
The only thing that has helped me is focusing on the present. Live each day in the moment. Find some joy where you can, whether it's having fun with your daughter, or reading a good book. I know this sounds trite, but really, it's the best thing you can do for your mental health .
Try to fill your days/time with something other than thinking about your separation...
I find that on the days I do my hobbies/have projects/ go places with my son, I am.actually happy some of the time.
Aim to make as many moments happy ones, to balance out the unhappy.
Take life day by day.
All the best to you and your daughter, and your baby. You'll create a positive new family, and have a much better life surrounded by people who truly love you and have your best interests at heart.

Thanks so much for your advice! I’m not even sure what I like anymore. I use to love to read. I’ve tried to read and then my thoughts of the separation overpower the book I’m reading. You are absolutely right! I just have to take it day by day and focus on what’s going to make me happy which is being there for my 7 year old and welcoming my new baby girl!

I hope you are doing well now and are re-adjusting. Believe me, if I could turn back the hands of time, I would RUN FAST when I realized that my husband will ALWAYS prefer his family over me! The handwriting was on the wall after our 6th week of marriage, but I had lived such a sheltered life that I thought this would pass. It has not passed after 40 (yes forty) years of marriage. I have chosen to just remain numb from having to take a back seat from the many dysfunctions in this scenario. I will stop short of giving advice, but if I could talk to my 25-year-old self who first experienced this, I would tell her to RUN from this life of misery that is likely to only intensify.