Womans Divorce Forum

Discuss your troubles, compare ex's, offer suggestions, and share stories!

Womans Divorce Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Blood Relatives Will Always Be Prioritized Over Me

Thanks so much for your advice! I’m not even sure what I like anymore. I use to love to read. I’ve tried to read and then my thoughts of the separation overpower the book I’m reading. You are absolutely right! I just have to take it day by day and focus on what’s going to make me happy which is being there for my 7 year old and welcoming my new baby girl!

Re: Blood Relatives Will Always Be Prioritized Over Me

I hope you are doing well now and are re-adjusting. Believe me, if I could turn back the hands of time, I would RUN FAST when I realized that my husband will ALWAYS prefer his family over me! The handwriting was on the wall after our 6th week of marriage, but I had lived such a sheltered life that I thought this would pass. It has not passed after 40 (yes forty) years of marriage. I have chosen to just remain numb from having to take a back seat from the many dysfunctions in this scenario. I will stop short of giving advice, but if I could talk to my 25-year-old self who first experienced this, I would tell her to RUN from this life of misery that is likely to only intensify.