Womans Divorce Forum

Discuss your troubles, compare ex's, offer suggestions, and share stories!

Womans Divorce Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: When do the UPS and DOWNS stop?!

Gina
That is me exactly. I have days that I know it’s the best thing he treated me terribly and it won’t get any better but I didn’t think what if? And then other days like you said I’m a complete mess I can’t do anything.

Divorce is also a grieving process. It is the end of a relationship that was not supposed to end. Some days will be good and then you will have days were you want to cry standing in the supermarket. I remind myself that not to think of how my marriage should be or should have been but the reality of it. And the reality was not good. Hope this helps.

I’m in the same place. Looking at getting a divorce from my husband of 25 years because I have felt overlooked, unwanted and dismissed for many of them. I feel like he doesn’t want to get close or touch me. I too am wondering if it’s better to stay in an unhappy marriage for security and financial reasons or go out on my own. I’m so scared. I have lots of ups and downs and feel like I’m going insane. Not much of an answer but I don’t want you to feel alone.

Married 36 years, miserable for 10 years. Just this week he told me not to touch his money he's been saving last 10 years instead of investing any more!!! So there's 22,000 he said all his cuz it was taken out of his check! I told him I'm sick of all the fairness that we even care about each other and he is worried about losing money if we got a divorce!

Depending on your state, anything you acquire during your marriage is split 50-50, and that includes assets and debts

Just remember one thing, depending what state you live in that money is half yours also👍

Couldn't agree more. Nicely said.