Womans Divorce Forum

Discuss your troubles, compare ex's, offer suggestions, and share stories!

Womans Divorce Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: He asked me after 35 years

Anita, I am so sorry for what you are going through. It is never easy to face the end of a relationship, let alone a marriage. 35 years is a long time and you should give yourselves credit for making it work for that long. I know it was not your choice to end it but ask yourself if you could be happy again in your relationship. My ex also asked for a divorce. We had been married 20 and a half years and it had been rocky for awhile. As much as I did not want it to end, I was not happy in the relationship either. I also would never beg for anyone to love me or stay. Know that you deserve someone that truly loves and appreciates you!

Re: He asked me after 35 years

Hi Anita
I am so sorry you are going through this-- I have been married for over 3 decades- my h moved out 8 months ago- not talk of divorce- just up and moved to another property we own-- but he really moved into his girlfriend's house-- I only learned later that about 99% of men have another woman on the line when they leave-so keep your eyes open.

Also, continue to live your life- see friends, go to work, travel-do whatever you can. I have to say that the last number of months without my h have been fun-- I have done many things that I either would not have wanted to do with him, or just wanted to do with other people.

My h lied and cheated his way through these past months- I don't owe him anything. If your h won't work on it or talk about it, then just open the door and let him go- you deserve better. Now I know this is easier said than done- but you don't need him to tell you twice that he is not innterested.....