Womans Divorce Forum

Discuss your troubles, compare ex's, offer suggestions, and share stories!

Womans Divorce Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: My 16 year old daughter

Wow 16 is such a difficult age my dad was extremely emotionally distant & he was in the same household. So I can’t imagine this is three times worse. Some men are such idiots. Does she have stable male role models like a grandpa, teacher or such who she looks up to? Some men just can’t handle being Dad. Sorry she’s dealing with this

Re: My 16 year old daughter

Your daughter is probably better off without him. My oldest has a connection with her dad that breaks my trust. They’ve kept secrets from me & he’s got her convinced that she’s just like him. She’s so confused I can feel it. He totally puts me down & he’s the one who tore our family apart. He’s not a good man. Help your daughter to feel her own power as an individual & teach her not to depend on a man. I depended on someone who seemed like we’d be together for life so it’s much better to guide her to be independent and strong. I can see with my oldest it might be too late as she’s been in a secret relationship with, of course, a secret boyfriend only her father knew about. But, your daughter may have a much better chance at a successful life if she gets the right guidance now.