Womans Divorce Forum

Discuss your troubles, compare ex's, offer suggestions, and share stories!

Womans Divorce Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: He texted me that he wanted a divorce

I can understand that being told via text that your husband wants a divorce is hard to deal with and it hurts. Do you and him still communicate with each other and see each other or have you totally been leading two completely separated lives? Do you still love him? You need to deal with how you feel and decide if you want a divorce, he probably has not changed so can you accept him as he is and be happy?

So sorry for the situation you are dealing with but I wish you happiness and peace.

Re: He texted me that he wanted a divorce

He moved to the other side of the country. We have kids together and have been married for 25 years. We talk when we need to, but do not have just friendly chats. I think after everything, I deserve better than a text message and not during my work day. Did I figure we would divorce? Yes. We’ve been separated for a while now. All along, I have asked for counseling. Clearly, he wants a divorce. That’s not the surprise. It’s the lack of decency in how he told me. That is what is bothering me on top of the hurt.