Log On Today - Fish On Tomorrow!

(603) 731-1804 / (603) 344-8698

Welcome Fish Lake Winni Anglers
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Re: Lake Champlain Report

I fished between 2.5-3 mph (lowrance speedometer},which is a littel faster than normal for what I do at winni 1.9-2.5,but in the summer I always try faster now and again.Sometimes a sudden speed change triggers hits.
And yes I had a great week great weather and I caught a couple nice fish to boot.
Tight lines Im'In.

Re: Lake Champlain Report

I fished Champlain last Saturday. First day fishing the big lake since I perched fished it as a kid years ago out of my family's sailboat in Mallett's Bay.

We launched in Shelburne Bay and started marking lakers on the bottom at ~70 feet. Threw our favorite setup at them with no luck. Took a cruise out the mouth of the bay and started targeting salmon. Only picked up two small salmon. One at 40 feet in 120 FOW on a Wonderbread DB Smelt off the downrigger and one at 7 colors on a Wonderbread Top Gun. Also caught a mystery fish that I think was a fallfish but I'm not really sure. It had a forked tale like a salmon, had rainbow colored markings on it's side, but it had no spots and a small round shaped mouth. All fish caught at 2 to 2.5 MPH.

Nest time we take a cruise over that way I'll be launching at the Sand Bar.

hilltopper