(603) 731-1804 / (603) 344-8698

Welcome Fish Lake Winni Anglers
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Planer Board Design?

Brian,

Big John (not me) as in dowriggers, designed a pretty good set called Otter boards, even have expensive motorized retrieve on the tower, don't need that unless you won the lottery and I guess if you did you wouldn't be trying to make some homemade boards...

Work great, save your time for fishing, call AJ, sometimes he has used set ups, that's where I got mine, or Cabelas.

I think a good set of boards is a must, we will use them the entire season next year, not just a Spring and Fall fishing tool.

John S.

Brian
I have built 2 or 3 sets using a set of plans I drew up - they worked pretty god for this poor boy out of plywood, the recommendations was redwood. I can fax or mail you a copy of the plans, let mek now info
later
Throbbin Rods

Brian,

I built a set from the plans on the below pasted website, i used home-depot #1 pine, i used 1x8. they seem to work pretty good.
http://triflash.hallcrash.net/free/toppage1.aspx

Re: Re: Planer Board Design?

Thanks everyone for your suggestions. That set of plans seems to be the type of design I am looking for. I'm going to try cedar though.

John, I like to build my own stuff for two reasons: #1 I am much more greatful when I use them knowing that I created them and #2 I am very, very picky. Just go ask my boat dealer about that or anyone I have purchased anything from. ha ha.

Again thanks guys. Might now be a winter project. I don't hunt but also realize we are coming to a close soon.

Brian