Welcome Fish Lake Winni Angler's

Log On Today - Fish On Tomorrow!

(603) 731-1804 / (603) 344-8698

Welcome Fish Lake Winni Anglers
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Asquam report, late bite no bite ???

Thanks again, John, for having us out on Squam. Doesn't matter if the fish bite as long as you're with good friends. I had a great time.
Looking forward to next year. Yup, hunting is on my mind now. My favorite time of year. But, maybe we'll be able to get together for a late season troll on an unclosed lake. We'll see what we can work out.
Maybe you'll have to buy some warm clothes and join us for some ice fishing. I'm hoping to get out for some hardwater action this year. Here's hoping the lakes freeze over quickly this year.
Good luck next weekend... I'll be thinking of you guys while I'm in PA bowhunting deer.
It was great meeting so many people from the board this year. Many new friends. Great times.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Asquam report, late bite no bite ???

Hi John..
Very disappointing season for me on Squam. I really don't think it will get much better for a few years. You mentioned fshing some of the lakes still open after the 30th. I heard they were catching some nice rainbows out of Winona last fall but my boat was down for repair. I have checked the launch and it looks like I could launch my boat there (20 foot crestliner) but not alone. If you want to try it sometime, maybe we could coordinate a trip. Also, will you be at the netting area in sandwich when they survey the fish this fall? Let me know when it is, cause I'd like to be there to just to see what things look like for Squam next year.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Asquam report, late bite no bite ???

Squam was good and bad, to both extremes. I caught quite a few big Salmon and even 2 Lakers 5 and 7 pounds, but many times only the one fish and even more days "no fish".

I have a real mixed feelings about the Lake right now. Sure a trophy lake is a great idea and I love to catch big Salmon, but so many skunk days are pretty dissapointing.

I agree it will be good in a year or two if we practice catch and release so that the babies in there now develop into bigger fish. On John Viar's advice, I only took out Salmon 4 pounds and up this year and a few of the 4's I put back too.

When I find out the netting schedule, but after last years netting results I was sky high on this years fishing only to be somewhat dissapointed as you were.
I hate to say fishing was "bad" as I did catch quite a few over 5 and one over 6, but I put in allot of time to do it.

I'll post the netting schedule here and as far as fishing after the 30th, your on.

My phone numbers are:
978-667-3117 Mass
508-277-8899 Cell
603-968-9027 Camp at Squam

Give me a call and we can make a plan.

John S.