Log On Today - Fish On Tomorrow!

(603) 731-1804 / (603) 344-8698

Welcome Fish Lake Winni Anglers
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Re: Re: Re: Last day of the season.

Big John -- that had been my guess -- salmon were in pre-spawn mode -- when people seemed to be catching nothing but lakers the last few weeks. Did anyone try trolling shallow and if so any results?

Just goes to show how much there is still to learn about these fish.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Last day of the season.

I tried shallow, but I didn't try along the shorelines as close as I probably should have, oh well. The'll be there next year and another 2 pounds bigger maybe, we didnt catch any 5 pounders in September, actually not many Salmon at all in September.

I'm hoping we can get more information from Adrien on age/size difference, etc. of Salmon Great Lakes Vs out Lakes. He brought out some interesrting facts that kind of back up my comments earlier about spawning age, etc.

I'm going to reply to hos post and see if we can get some real good facts and info on the subject.. But it does seems like 5 and 6 pounders are ready for harvest on our Lakes.

John S.
John S.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

Big John -- that had been my guess -- salmon were in pre-spawn mode -- when people seemed to be catching nothing but lakers the last few weeks. Did anyone try trolling shallow and if so any results?

Just goes to show how much there is still to learn about these fish.