Log On Today - Fish On Tomorrow!

(603) 731-1804 / (603) 344-8698

Welcome Fish Lake Winni Anglers
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Whirling disease in lakers

Hence my concerns. Grey Ghost's pic is spot on for whirling disease. I know its weird, and perhaps unheard of in lakers, but it is what it is. I'm not happy about it either. Lets do what we can to investigate this further. White Cap -- you and all the other RFPs and the pros and other serious amateurs are the real eyes and ears of Winni and your observations out on the lake will be invaluable. I might be able to do some lab work here at my shop, but I think the first line of attack is to get diseased / deformed fish examined by NH fisheries biologists.

Re: Whirling disease in lakers

i remember reading that whirling disease isnt much of a problem for new england, something about the acidity of our water. i could be wrong, but are we experiencing it here.

Re: Re: Whirling disease in lakers

Sites I have found show all New England states except ME and RI. Has been found in lower Merrimack River in NH for quite some time.

Re: Re: Re: Whirling disease in lakers

Hey there Fishlessman, How did ya do on the last weekend up at Sebago????? P.S. can you Ice Fish on Sebago in the winter????? Talk Soon, Take Care God Bless and Good Hunting LOL Dave From up North

Re: Re: Re: Re: Whirling disease in lakers

one small salmon, one nice one about 4 pounds, maybe a little less. if sebago freezes you can go after the lakers. havent tried it yet since im a little new to the area, and last year i wasnt too comfortable with the ice. been reading that hancock pond down the road is managed only for browns and that long lake produces well.