Welcome Fish Lake Winni Angler's

Log On Today - Fish On Tomorrow!

(603) 731-1804 / (603) 344-8698

Welcome Fish Lake Winni Anglers
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: I'm taking a poll on stopping ice fishing all together,

i am not accusing any one of anything, my post on this matter was in reggaurds to lake taker saying that he has seen people on winni and winiasquam trolling around with 4 rods with just one person in the boat. i stated that things are not always what they appear because my 2 kids are in the cuddy sometimes while their rods are still in the holders.

Eric,
thanks for helping out on the ignorant use of a cheater line, (you must have learned about them when i did)it was a lousy feeling finding out that what i did was not legal.

I have not been salmon fishing very long and this site and the people on it have educated me in a year and a half what it would take me a bout 15 years to learn on my own. i have spent many hours on the lake catching fish with my 2 kids. memories that will last for ever. the people on this site from the charter captians, to the newbie that tries something different once have all taught me. for that i am very gratefull and glad we have this site.

this thread has brought out alot of name calling and assumptions.

ilucas

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: I'm taking a poll on stopping ice fishing all togeth

Forry, I did not mean to incinuate that it was you saying people were "cheating"... I was saying that in reply to comments I saw in this thread.

Now as far as this "educated" conversation you are looking for... How can I (or anyone not schooled in fisheries management) truly have an "educated" conversation about this. Its only going to be opinions you're getting.
My "uneducated" opinion is that we should leave the management of our lakes to those that know the ratios and pressures our water-bodies can handle. NH F&G spends many man hours each year trying to balance the fishery in a way that it is somewhat sustainable. I trust their knowledge enough to not question why they set the season the way they do.
Thinking that they are going to open the salmon season for ice fishing just because a bunch of fisherman want to catch salmon through the ice is like thinking the state will raise the speed limit to 80 just because a bunch of people want to drive faster.
Yes, it could happen and maybe for a while the salmon would survive... but in time the salmon numbers will deplete... or perhaps the state stocks enough salmon to last through ice fishing as well, but now with the increase in salmon numbers the forage fish (smelt/perch) die off. If the latter happened, not only would there be no salmon, there'd be no SPORT-FISH period.
But, like I said... this is an uneducated opinion... I'm a carpenter, not a biologist.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: I'm taking a poll on stopping ice fishing all to

Slipknot,
I also am not a biologist. I am just and electrician.
You say in your last post that we would only get opinions and not educated ones since we are not biologists. Did you just graduate with a degree in biology in the middle of your last post because you did state and I take these words as you just quoted

"Yes, it could happen and maybe for a while the salmon would survive... but in time the salmon numbers will deplete... or perhaps the state stocks enough salmon to last through ice fishing as well, but now with the increase in salmon numbers the forage fish (smelt/perch) die off. If the latter happened, not only would there be no salmon, there'd be no SPORT-FISH period."

Now do you know that to be fact? Is that a carpenters opinion or a biologist speaking the facts? and if your opinion, why is your opinion right and mine wrong? hopefully the True biologist will read this and give us answers to all the questions that have been brought up on this post and any others on this site. That is what this site is about "at least I think it is" I'm not writing these post to make enemies, I'd like to think we could and are friends. just having conversation.
Good Fishing
Forry

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: I'm taking a poll on stopping ice fishing al

Slipknot let me apolagize. i guess I didn't finish reading your post. after reading it again I saw that at the end you did in fact say again that that was only your opinion. I'm Sorry
Forry

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: I'm taking a poll on stopping ice fishing al

Hmmm... you seem to understand that part of my post, but somehow you miss the two times I stated it was MY OPINION. Never in there did I state it to be FACT nor did I say your opinions were wrong, did I. Frankly, I don't care what your opinion is. You're entitled to any opinion you want. Whole reason for my post... and read this s-l-o-w-l-y so you can understand... was to say that unless you talk to someone that is "EDUCATED" (you know, with like a degree from an actual college) in fisheries management you will get nothing but opinions and/or garbled half-truths. If you truly were looking for answers to your questions you'd contact the fisheries department via the email address I provided you with in an earlier post.

Oh... and to make sure we're straight on your last comment of not wanting to be enemies, hoping we could be or are friends... not sure about others, but for me thats a no. Thanks anyways.
Good Fishing
Craig

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: I'm taking a poll on stopping ice fishin

I'm sorry you feel that way. evidently you didn't accept my apology, and that's your choice. At least I was man enough to say I was sorry. I don't know what else I can do. Just remember it was not me that said your post was a joke, when I ask about closing ice fishing on lake trout/salmon lakes. It was not a joke it was a question that's all. I guess since I never had you as a friend before this site and survived the last 49 years, I probably will make it through the rest of my life if you choose not to be a friend. In my opinion it is your loss not mine.
again I'm sorry you feel that way.
good fishing
Forry

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: I'm taking a poll on stopping ice fi

I can bring a Cage to the gathering this year... my god!

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: I'm taking a poll on stopping ic

Travis
Good luck with your match in march. take it to him.
Forry