Log On Today - Fish On Tomorrow!

(603) 731-1804 / (603) 344-8698

Welcome Fish Lake Winni Anglers
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: My Derby Weekend

I never noticed going by you 50 times during the derby, but whats with the Advertising on the side of your boat? LOL I hope you get free lures for that ;-)

-Scott

Hahaha... Savant Spoon is owned by Tom Manning. He invited Adrien and I to fish with him at the Sodus Pro-Am last year. It went well... and we will be fishing all four Lake Ontario Pro-Ams with him this year. He pays the fees, so the least I can do is try to advertise for him a little.
I knew I would be leaving my boat in NY for a couple weeks last Aug/Sep at a high visibility location. Figured I'd put his website on the boat to give him free advertisement, since my boat would be right beside a tackle store.
Not sure if it helped, but it couldn't have hurt.
I'm leaving it there in hopes that people will see it and check out his site. We noticed several people looking at us with binoculars during the derby... maybe a couple of them read it.

Wow Slipnot, I missed all the heavy hitters this weekend. I never saw you, Matty, Travis, Salty, Jason or Adrien out there last weekend.
No wonder we didn't catch any monsters.... we were in the wrong places!!!!
Got to find were the big ones live!

We saw Salty, but none of the others. I think everyone was fishing different areas trying to find the "hot" spot. Other than Salty and Scott, I don't think we saw anyone we knew out there. Weird, as we usually see quite a few familiar faces on the water.

You gouys needed to be fishing the southern end of the lake I saw all those guys go by most mornings and could hear the chatter on the radio so they were close by there someplace since my radio doesn't get that good a reception with the small antenna I am running.