Womans Divorce Forum

Discuss your troubles, compare ex's, offer suggestions, and share stories!

Womans Divorce Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: help

Huzzah, let's hear it for MODs!! :) That's their job -- troll-catching!!

Silly question but who are the Mods? They are really low key, brilliantly run site but a bit unusual regarding Mods.

I didnt even realise the Mods had removed it, I thought Becky meant that he had removed it himself. Its nice to know that mods do keep an eye but would be interesting to know who they are. Just my thoughts.

Abbey, I don't know for a fact that the guy had removed his own post - although, gosh, wouldn't that be nice! :) There are people who join sites just to "troll" them, as in leave mean comments and be jerks in general. Looks as though this "John" fella was one of those, and the Mods usually review the posts and remove the offensive ones. I don't know who the Mods are for this site; I've only recently seem posts from them. :)

I am not a lawyer but anything purchased while married-- generally the spouse is entitled to 50%. Get a lawyer and check.

I'm not a lawyer, either, but I do know that community property laws are different from state to state; sometimes there's a certain amount of time that you must be married before 50/50 kicks in, but it can begin from day 1 depending on where you are. The state I live in is an "equitable-settlement" state. This means that a reasonable division of property must be agreed upon. I'd take Katie's advice, though, and seek out a good lawyer! And remember -- "good" doesn't always mean "OMG expensive". Good luck!

It depends on the laws of the State. In PA, once separated-everything purchased & earned after the separation your spouse isnt entitled to!