Womans Divorce Forum

Discuss your troubles, compare ex's, offer suggestions, and share stories!

Womans Divorce Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Phone Call

Are ou sure you have to contact him about the taxes. The IRS told me while I was separated, if it had been more than the last 6 months of the yeat that I could file head of household, if I had children and single if I had none, I did not have to file married.
In my case there was no way in he!!!! I was contacting him just to file taxes. If yours has been less than 6 months perhaps you could get whatever infomration you need or give any information you need to from your attorney.
Just the thought of contacting him today, after 6 years still makes me want to throw up. I wonder if this feeling will ever end or if it is just pure disgust.

Really, be cautious, and if you have a lawyer, consult with them before calling. I had the paperwork all drawn up, very very clear (I thought) for last year's tax return, and the weasel found a way to cut me right out of the benefit and take it all for himself. Beware the loophole that says "any joint return" -- that's where he found that if he filed head of household or married/separate, all the money would come to him. Oh, and did it ever. I never saw, nor shall I see, one thin dime.

Hmmm. In my case it was actually my attorney that suggested a joint return. Probably because he took such a loss on his business last year. I'll proceed with caution. Thanks for the heads up.

I don't HAVE to file jointly, but it may be beneficial for both of us if we did. He had started a business that took a loss, so I'm pretty positive it would be better for me. I'll take a financial break anyway I can get it.

I have told The Flea I am filing separated They told me that as long as it was for my benefit, I could just do it. I called several Tax places and asked. I told them my situation and they told me if I did not want to file with him I did not have to. So now I am filing alone with my two kids, mediation papers my son lives with me, I don't think he liked that.