Womans Divorce Forum

Discuss your troubles, compare ex's, offer suggestions, and share stories!

Womans Divorce Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: pending divorce

I really can't relate in my case it was different, he did everything he wanted and I was had no right to question anything. I was the only stuck in the home while he went out and had his fun. When I finally got tired of it, I told him to leave. Now he keeps telling our 18yr old if your mother would just have kept her mouth shut I would still be there. Him with a girlfriend and me on anti-depressives.

I guess my point is, is the money really worth all your troubles. I know we all need money. I was a stay at home mom, while we were together, I am still at home. He is still paying my bills and giving me the same amount of money. Until when I don't know. I know one day, soon I will have to start to work and pull my way.

Take care and look into what you need to do to protect yourself and your daughter, I hope everything turns out well for you.

Re: pending divorce

You will not really know all of your answers until you contact an attorney in your area. Many states will look at what you have acquired together since the marriage. The financial investment that you made into the home to improve it and all other monies need to be remembered. A suggestion is to get a notebook, write down every step of the process that you as a couple did to refurbish the home and where the money came from. This will help with remembering. All receipts that you have will also help. It was his family home before the marriage but has been used and shared in the marriage. You will need to look into your state laws but this probably will remain his. The investing is what you will want to look at for yourself.

Your daughter needs an opportunity to express her fears and concerns but as a new to be single mom, at 15 she can learn to help you with the daily chores. This will help you and also help with her maturity.

Hope the best for you.