Womans Divorce Forum

Discuss your troubles, compare ex's, offer suggestions, and share stories!

Womans Divorce Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: even though i filed, why does it still hurt?

First off, what an amazingly familiar story! i didnt allow that much time to pass...actually its only been 3 years this Feb. but i feel like i was married to him for 20 years. I know im not a failure but it sure feels like it at times. I know the pain will subside and come and go in increments, but i just hate how it feels right NOW.

Thanks for your story...I needed to hear that!

This is all normal...part of grieving the loss of a dream, sweetie. I filed after 31 years of abuse; even after 6 years, I grieve. Get into some counseling, if you can; lean on friends, write in a journal.

Hugs, Alliso

I've said it before...divorce sucks but living in a bad marriage is worse. You will soon replace some of those feeling of failure with hope and excitement for what is ahead for you. I fought the divorce, I fought for my marriage. I HATE to fail. But I've decided I didn't fail. I gave it all I had. Surround yourself with people that believe in YOU, the people that know the truth, the people that love you NO MATTER what. I, too, had no life outside of my family, but I am finding I have friends in people I didn't even realize. Hang in there.