Womans Divorce Forum

Discuss your troubles, compare ex's, offer suggestions, and share stories!

Womans Divorce Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: He thinks I'm an idiot

Jerk is so anxious to be done. First he tried applying a lot of pressure, harassing me about it and bringing it up at very bad times, etc. I got in his face and calmly and quietly said, "Stop harassing me. This is something I will not tolerate. If you have a problem with it, talk to your lawyer." So he went from dumb to dumber and did some other really stupid things like quit paying child support thinking I'd sign anything to get money, quit paying his share of the mortgage thinking I'd panic at the thought of losing my home. It really backfired on him. I didn't react to either of the above items. Didn't bat an eye-never said a word. Then he got word from his attorney that there was a court date set to retrieve back child support and temporary support. He was FREAKED. He didn't think I'd stand up to him I guess (don't know how-I've never been a doormat). So the attorneys were then spending their time and energy-and our money-to work out the temporary issues rather work on the actual divorce. He did NOT want to face that judge. This process really cannot be hurried. Anything with the law, it seems, has its own sweet timeframe.